Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 02:35 PM

Bkrgirl is on a distinguished road

Bkrgirl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Lugnut View Post
2nd Gen - 2005-2015 1GR-FE Tacoma's are known to leak at the timing cover. While the 5th Gen 4R and 2nd Gen Tacoma both use the 1GR-FE engine, they are not the same in all respects. I know that things north of the block are different, but believe the blocks are the same.
There's an extensive write-up on how to redo timing cover seal on a 2nd gen Tacoma at:

tacomaworld.com
Thanks, Lester. I'm not at all mechanically inclined so won't be redoing the timing cover seal myself. This is depressing. I owned two Subaru Outbacks and re-did the head gaskets on both for thousands of dollars. I gave up on Subarus and bought this 2011 4Runner that I thought would go another 100k with no problems. Now, it's like deja vu all over again. I bought a '97 4Runner for my son - he has been driving it for 10 years with no major issues.
Bkrgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote