Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 12:58 PM

T4R_Canuck has a spectacular aura about T4R_Canuck has a spectacular aura about

T4R_Canuck has a spectacular aura about T4R_Canuck has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlyn2004 View Post

Any guidance on selecting a roof rack? Most of these I don't have any option to check out in person either, so a big big purchase to make blind. How did you select a rack? Any really viable racks I've possibly overlooked?
I can offer my feedback, however helpful it may be.

I ended up with the choice between Greenlane and Prinsu while making this same decision a few months ago. On my previous build last year, a 2018 F150, I tried buying as much product from Canadian companies as possible to support local during these down times. I ended up with some nice products but they were not the most common and came from smaller companies with little aftermarket support for accessories. This left me frustrated when trying to find solutions for mounting accessories.

So, when it came from my 4Runner build I did a 180 and decided I wanted to buy tried and tested products that I could research online. This is how I ended up with a Prinsu rack. Greenlane was a close 2nd place but I liked the overall style of the prinsu a little more and they are, in my opinion, one of the leaders in the market for a reason. I've been happy with my purchase.

The 2nd factor was cost. I would have to pay to ship a rack from Greenlane, another $100 or so but I could pick up the Prinsu rack from the same shop that was installing my lift without paying for shipping. If I lived in Vancouver, I might enjoy a nice ferry ride to Sidney on a Monday morning to pick up a Greenlane rack.
2014 Trail Premium w/ KDSS. OME 3" Lift w/ medium springs, Greenlane Diff Drop, SPC UCA, LT285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W E Load, Level 8 MK6 17" x 8, 0 offset, Element by RA Automotive Engine Skid, Prinsu Full Length No Drill Rack, ICS Dash mount.
T4R_Canuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote