Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 11:00 AM

Mr_Dobalina will become famous soon enough

Mr_Dobalina will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesV View Post
I've got a similar issue, I was leaning towards it being upper control arm related since it's not every bump and sometimes on turns.

Could be shocks as well I guess, not sure when or if they were ever replaced on mine
Here's a tip on replacing your shocks. Don't mess with a spring compressor for the front end.

You can decompress the front spring while it is still in the truck by using this method:

Tacoma Coil Over Shock Disassembly without a Spring Compressor - YouTube

If you still have your original shocks and if they are rusted as mine were, just take a skill saw to them and chop off the top center bolt WHILE YOU HAVE A FLOORJACK SUPPORTING THEM UP FRONT as per the video.

I added two weekends to my job because I was constant spraying penetrating oil, fighting them with channel locks, my buddy torched the nuts and set the rubber grommets on fire.... Shit show. I used a new metal blade on each one ad cut through them in minutes. This will be my go to going forward.
Mr_Dobalina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote