Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 01:05 AM

krhayes79 has a spectacular aura about krhayes79 has a spectacular aura about

krhayes79 has a spectacular aura about krhayes79 has a spectacular aura about
Dobinsons MRR/MRA Suspension Questions

Calling all Dobinsons MRR/MRA suspension owners for a little help/tips with my upcoming install Friday evening and Saturday morning. I appreciate every and all replies!

(I did search for these answers throughout the forum and I read through a lot of the Dobinsons threads but I was not really able to get the answers/pics I was specifically looking for)

First, I have to say a big THANK YOU to @Crikeymike for getting me all set up with my order and the help in my many questions on the quest for a successful new suspension set up.

I am looking for everyone else who has this set up to please provide some feedback on the following:
  1. Can you please provide pics & location you mounted your remote reservoirs - did you use the provided mounting hardware or did you have to come up with a different method? My concern is the long line from the shock to the resi and it rubbing or getting caught up somewhere. I also want to make sure I have easy access to adjust the settings.
  2. Any specific items for this MRR/MRA setup I should be on the lookout for when completing the install?
  3. What measurement did you use from the bottom (middle of the hole) of the shock to the lip of the seat to achieve your (x)" lift? I am planning for 3" and know it will settle after the initial install and drive before alignment. Did you have to make any adjustments after they settled?
  4. What settings are you running for your low speed, high speed, and rebound for daily driving and offroad driving?
  5. What alignment numbers should I be after with the Dobinsons UCAs? The target is for 3" lift in the front and 2" lift in the rear

I am fairly decent in the garage and have done all my own installs. However, this will be the first suspension project I have done and for me, knowledge is power. I do have buddies who will be there to help and support me, so I will have some experience in there with me.

I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions I look forward to reading!

Thank you!
2018 ORP | KDSS | 3/2" Dobinsons MRA Suspension | Dobinsons UCAs | 17" Procomp 29 La Paz Wheels | Falken Wild Peak 285/70/R17 | Cali Raised 20° Sliders | LFD Full Skids | ARB breather kit | 30" KC Hidden light bar | LFD 7/8 Rack | LED interiors/low beams/fogs | MESO Puddle Lights | #newb
krhayes79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote