Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 10:10 AM

Anand is a jewel in the rough Anand is a jewel in the rough Anand is a jewel in the rough Anand is a jewel in the rough

Anand is a jewel in the rough Anand is a jewel in the rough Anand is a jewel in the rough Anand is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhayes79 View Post
  • Can you please provide pics & location you mounted your remote reservoirs - did you use the provided mounting hardware or did you have to come up with a different method? My concern is the long line from the shock to the resi and it rubbing or getting caught up somewhere. I also want to make sure I have easy access to adjust the settings.
Full disclosure, I don't have the MRAs, but I did help a good friend install his, so here's what I can offer

For the front resi's we used the included mount, some stainless hardware we had laying around (bolt, washer, washer, lock washer, nut) and found a pre-existing hole through the body "above" the shock tower. Essentially the resi's sit just above where the 3 14mm nuts are on the top hat. Installing the hardware for this bolt hole definitely required 2 people and some patience, partially because the passenger side was under his second battery and the drivers side is under the added tray to hold electrics.

For the rear resi's we used the included mount and sandwiched it between the bumpstop and the frame using one of the bumpstop bolts. He's running Durobumps bumpstops, which afforded plenty of "squish" while still tightening down fine. If the hoses for the resi's were about twice as long you could go for a more traditional mounting location like many other companies use.

Quote:
  • Any specific items for this MRR/MRA setup I should be on the lookout for when completing the install?
Especially for the front, make sure you have the hose for the resi's going in the direction you want before you place everything into the upright; part of this goes along with us trying to find a location to mount the resi's and a lot of trial and error.

OH! The rear's, maybe we are just really inexperienced, but allowing them to extend while keeping them compressed enough to fit into the bottom mount was.... interesting. I think we ended up setting them to full soft to better facilitate this.

Quote:
  • What measurement did you use from the bottom (middle of the hole) of the shock to the lip of the seat to achieve your (x)" lift? I am planning for 3" and know it will settle after the initial install and drive before alignment. Did you have to make any adjustments after they settled?
They came pre-assembled and weren't touched. That being said, they've been on my buddy's truck for a few months now and I don't think they settled much at all. For reference, he's running 352 springs with steel skids, dual batteries, aluminum full bumper, and a winch. In the rear his truck probably settled 1/2" with the initial springs (701V's), since then he has upgraded to 749V's with almost no settling.

Quote:
  • What settings are you running for your low speed, high speed, and rebound for daily driving and offroad driving?
I know he played around with them a bit, but started from the Prado setting. I believe he went 2 clicks stiffer on both compressions. As of yet, he makes no adjustments for off-road driving
Quote:
  • What alignment numbers should I be after with the Dobinsons UCAs? The target is for 3" lift in the front and 2" lift in the rear
Get as much caster as you can (3º-4º or more is great), everything else to factory
Anand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote