Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 02:10 PM

Charles Bronson has a spectacular aura about Charles Bronson has a spectacular aura about

Charles Bronson has a spectacular aura about Charles Bronson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
Every day, I find something new about the 2021. Its cold here today, so I went out and started the truck to warm it up and defrost the windows. Turns out that there's no way to lock it from the outside when the engine is running. AND...even if the smart key is in the house, you can still put it in gear and drive away. What were the thinking at Toyota...no remote start factory option...they should have kept the key with the remote and made the smart key an option.

Looks like I have to find somebody to install an aftermarket remote that works with the smart key like the one mentioned earlier in this thread.
Most keyless entry systems work this way, even my 2016 BMW M235.

Also, warming up your car by idling is downright terrible. It's hell on the catalytic converters and spark plugs and dilutes the oil with fuel. It also uses a ton more fuel and takes much longer to warm up. Lastly, it does nothing to warm up the rest of the drivetrain.

The ideal, safest, and best way to warm up a stone cold, iced over vehicle is to start it and scrap the ice off and then drive moderately until the motor and drivetrain is warmed up.

If the vehicle isn't iced over, simply start it and let it idle for 30 to 60 seconds and drive away. The vehicle will warm up way faster.
Charles Bronson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote