View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:18 PM

Titan_Bow is on a distinguished road

Titan_Bow is on a distinguished road
2021 model - stereo lost all audio sound

I'm the owner of a 2021 Venture model 4Runner, I have put 1K miles on it so far. First Toyota and first 4Runner. I was driving back from dropping my daughter off at school, and noticed nothing was playing on my stereo. I had my iphone 11 pro plugged in via USB, and Spotify was playing through Apple Carplay. I thought at first maybe I lost cell signal. I had full 5G service, and I could see the timer still counting on the display as if it were playing the song. I tried adjusting volume, volume on the phone etc. nothing. I then unplugged the iPhone, and selected Radio FM as the source. As I cycled through the settings I could hear the beeps in the system so the speakers seemed to be functional. Selected a local FM radio station, no audio. Went to AM, same thing, no audio. Volume up/ down, nothing. I hit the button to turn it off, and it displayed "Audio Off" so I know it was actually on to begin with. Finally, I pulled over, turned the truck off, turned it back on, and the radio was blaring! I plugged my iphone back in and viola! Spotify was playing and the audio was coming through just fine.....
I am not taking it to the Dealer with the problem not happening, as that is just an exercise in futility. Has anyone seen or heard of this issue? Am I going to be chasing some gremlin in this system?? This is really annoying and hopefully it was just a fluke, but would love to see if anyone else has had this.
Titan_Bow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote