Notices

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 06:51 PM

bigdonniebrasco is on a distinguished road

bigdonniebrasco is on a distinguished road
WTB a nice 4runner...prefer 3rd gen, but may be swayed.

2 years ago I flew from Kansas to San Fran to buy a Tacoma from a guy on the Tacoma forum!! Took 3 days to drive back, but I just pushed through, and slept in my new-to-me dream truck and made much better time than I had planned.
Showing up so much earlier, I discovered my wife of 20 years had a boyfriend!
Long story short... divorced, moved out, lost everything, including my retirement, I now pay child support and allimony so she can have a boyfriend less than half her age.
I kept my dream truck for just over a year, before depression and anger made me sell it, along with all my outdoor gear!
I think (hope) I am turning the corner and after driving an embarassing grocery-getter car for a year, I need a REAL vehicle again to help get me get back out into nature!

I have seen some unrealistic posts on here where guys are looking for the ultimate overlander in new condition for $5k LOL!! That is NOT me!!!!

I don't really have a set budget in mind, and like you, as a member here I know what nice 4runner is worth, and I understand the value for what you pay for.

I would prefer to buy one that is already set to get off the pavement but that's not an absolute if the vehicle is right.
Obviously 4x4

Basically, a weekend warrior rig to camp from, and to take out West a few times a year to hunt Wyoming.

Thank you so very much!
Don
bigdonniebrasco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote