View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 01:20 AM

KEVSFJSAND4RUNNERS is on a distinguished road

KEVSFJSAND4RUNNERS is on a distinguished road
Hi All,

New here but not new to this issue. I have had a similar VCS issue on my 2007 FJ MT after a OME lift and UCAs, then later for the lower control arms. Each time it was easy with a wire on the OBD-II port. But on my new 2020 runner SR5 premium w a 2.5 inch lift front, air bags in back it drove fine with no errors for 4 months. Yesterday i went to the dealer for my 15K mile service. They didnt care about the lift all they kept saying was nice rack. Got home immediately put a hidden winch mount and a Warn 10k winch on the front last night, and this morning i go to start up and had the same PCS cars accident, explosion, arrow off light. Lol. So i drove anyway, had the same radar cruise wont work. But lane departure still works. Tried disconnecting battery at work for 5 min, hit brakes turn on lights to discharge any capacitors. Connected battery, turned IG switch to run but no start KOEO position for 5min. Then turned off key and turned on again. Still had the light. I tried adjusting the metal bracket under the hood latch which changes the radar angle slightly since the 10mm headed bolts holes were very ample i managed to angle the radar down a little. Still no luck. I then remembered the VCS wire trick and had a jumper with a push button momentary switch i made. And surprise same scenario, the TG and CS connectors are missing on the OBD-II port. I tried scanning with my bluetooth adapter and Torque pro and no codes or pending codes or freeze frame data appeared. I clear codes anyway. And cycled IG switch then started and still light appears. So now im here after googling and reading threads for 45min. If anyone has a DYI solution i would love to hear and since i probably voided my warranty with winch im leaning to the DYI approach since DYI IS FUNNER!

Warm regards,
Kevin, San Diego
KEVSFJSAND4RUNNERS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote