View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 07:01 PM

jcampo788 is on a distinguished road

jcampo788 is on a distinguished road
04 V6 Purchase - What to do for maximum T4R life?

Howdy all!

New to the forum and also new to the world of the 4th gen. 4runner! My parents had a 3rd gen. (I was stupid enough to NOT advocate for them to keep it). I also owned a 3rd gen. Tacoma, which I loved, but it is hard to have kiddos in the back of the extended cab.

So, I just purchased a 2004 V6 4runner, SR5, with 317,XXX miles in good/very good condition for $2,000 miles here in Colorado. Interior is very clean for the mileage, the body is in similar condition (a few small rust pits here and there, but, no dents or scratches). The engine, tranny, and all other mechanical tidbits seems to be in good condition (save an oil leak in the valve cover right by the engine oil dipstick on the passenger side).

One owner, who was a friend of ours, and who takes very good care of their vehicles, homes, children, dogs, etc.

A few questions for the collective:

1. What should I get done NOW in order to ensure I can run this vehicle (which is basically my dream SUV) for as long as possible? Already getting all the fluids done tomorrow, along with shocks (suspension feels "tired"), and belts.

2. What should I do IN THE FUTURE to run this T4R into the 600-700k range? I know that is ambitious, but, a few other T4R owners in the area are amazed at it's condition (body, interior, and mechanical), so they are getting my hopes up that I can run it into the 600k+ range.

3. Was paying 2K for a T4R SR5, with 317,XXX, in good/very good condition as much of a steal as I think it was?

Looking forward to learning from you all!

Last edited by jcampo788; 01-14-2021 at 08:03 PM.
jcampo788 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote