View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 10:37 PM

Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about

Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about
Not sure this applies, since your looking for the older GX. Makes sense since you intend to make more of an off roader. But WE like our GX a lot more than my Nieces 4 Runner. In fact the niece wishes she had bought the GX. Much nicer car. Better creature comforts. Lots more power, made at much lower RPM. That's big. More factory ground clearance, (not important if you plan a lift).
The lower rear end ratio is nice with bigger tires. the extra gear in the tranny.
But ours is a 2017, so newer generation. The 4.7 is nicer to drive than the 4.6, but you have the timing belt issue with the 4.7. We constantly get better gas mileage with the GX than the niece gets with Her Runner. You just don't need to run the GX as hard, and the lower torque curve contributes to that as well.
I can sit in the 3rd row seats of the GX, no problem. I would not want to do that for a long trip, but short drives are ok. The Runner 3rd row doesn't work at all. Even the second row in the runner is not nice for older adults like it is in the GX. The 3rd row seats fold into the floor of the GX, seems like it leaves more usable space that the Runner folding into the sides. maybe just seems that way, but works better for us. The roof line in the gX is higher, the Runner roof is hitting my head. Getting into and out fo the gX is easy, the Runner, I have to watch my head, or I hit it on the roof jam. I need to bend my head down to get in to it and I'm not tall. The Runner seats seem to sit with my legs outstretched instead of downward. Puts pressure on my lower back that is extremely uncomfortable for long rides.
The rear door on the GX is a little awkward, but we have not really had issue with it. Would be better if it opened from the other side, and i would prefer the LX split tailgate.

Last edited by Oldmanb777; 01-16-2021 at 10:39 PM.
Oldmanb777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote