View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 07:29 PM

charleypartanna is on a distinguished road

charleypartanna is on a distinguished road
I didn't have time to do this myself, so I took it into my trusted indie. They had done the exchange method using the cooler line before, so I felt comfortable.

Unfortunately, they didn't do the multi-stage exchange like I asked them to. Instead, they drained the pan and via the cooler line (but only once). They removed 3.5 quarts.

Here's the strange part: they needed to add 6.5(!) quarts to get it back to the proper fill. They performed the fill check procedure twice to make sure since the difference between the drain and fill amounts was so drastically different.

Very strange. Does not leave me with a good feeling that I've been driving it for a long time with a 3-quart-low fill, apparently.

The only explanation I have for this is that when I bought it from the original owner (who never touched the ATF), I had the Toyota dealer do a single drain and fill. Perhaps they didn't properly fill it? That's the only thing I can think of.

Only good news is that the rumble seems to have gone away. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Thanks again, folks!

Charley