Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 02:25 AM

CarlosV will become famous soon enough

CarlosV will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySouth89 View Post
I wouldn't really trust a ~15 year old vehicle with less than 20k on it. Hell, 50k. Moving parts are meant to move. All kinds of shit goes bad when it sits. My 2006 SE V8 has 106k. Basically a teenager and she is mint.
End of 2019 I became owner of a 2003 SR5 V6 (2WD) with only 26K miles on it.
A garage queen that has never seen off road with everything original (even tires) with the exception of engine oil and filter. Looked , felt, sounded ,and smelled like new. Previous (original) owner, an old gentleman close family friend used it regularly for Drs. visit on tuesday and shopping fridays, not sitting unused.
I updated everything I can think of, all fluids, tires, brakes, hoses, belt, plugs etc and keep my head gasket in my daily prayers (zero issues so far).
I live in a now very poor 3rd world country where I run lightly off-road for wildlife photography in far away places. Bad news getting stranded.
10k miles later I think I have very reliable vehicle that I trust. As 81Runner said ( I am 68y/o) I plan to be buried with it. LOL
CarlosV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote