Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 10:19 AM

thenightman will become famous soon enough

thenightman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorRunner View Post
@thenightman , San Mateo County, on the shore :-), Oceano Dunes SVRA - why would they close it for good someday ? Thank you.
It is part of the California Coastal Commission's 5 year plan to shut down all vehicle access to the beach at Oceano Dunes Svra within five years. Their plan is to turn it into a typical walk in type beach.

That are has been a popular riding spot for many years, since the 60 or earlier. My grandpa took his family there and rode motorcycles in the 60s. He cut up a car into a dune buggy to take there. Eventually it was made into a state park, 15,000 acres of dune riding and beach camping.

By the time I was old enough to drive down there, it had gone from 15,000 acres, to only 1,500 acres. They also added another few hundred as season closures.

A year ago they shut down half the camping area. A few months ago they closed all camping, and banned all non street legal vehicles. They are on track to maybe even beat their 5 year plan.

Please get involved! Friends of oceano dunes Is the non profit helping to keep it open. FriendsofOceanodunes is their Instagram, they post great info on who to email, and where and when to comment. Oceanodunes.org. please get involved! I am not affiliated with the organization, other then doing my part to contact the people they say to.

If you like dunes, sand, beach camping, or the idea of being able to drive the family down to the water please help us out.
thenightman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote