Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:46 PM

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about
New springs needed with Bilstein 5100’s adding a steel bumper and winch?

I currently have 5100’s all the way around with the front perch set at 0, toy tech Eibach front springs with 1/2” spacer driver and 1/4” pass. Rear 5100, Toytec superflex RCC 2.0, no spacer and just installed Airlift 1000 5-3/8”x8-1/2” bags on Wed.

I have a Tyger Bull bar on front with lights, estimated weight ~40lbs. There was a definite droop and squishier suspension on install of just of Bull Bar. Looking to replace it with a Victory Blitz flush bumper with a winch. Sounds like weight will be around 100lbs. I didn’t realize just how worthless a Bull Bar was until I installed it. Other than looks and holds lights well. Covers up my recovery hooks and bar is to weak to use for recovery, glad I haven’t needed to hook on to anything yet!

Questions are, should I replace the springs with some in the 650-700lbs range, or just raise the spring perch a couple notches? I think the Eibach springs are 620lbs. I have soooo much more money (getting limited) I need to put into this I’m trying to maximise. If I do replace the springs, should I also look into the 6112’s as well while I’m at it? If I go that far was wondering if I should consider the Bilstein 5160’s with reservoir as well? Current Toytec RCC 2.0 springs with brand new Airlift 1000 bags ok?

I’m going to be purchasing some adjustable SPC UCA’s and get some used LCA’s to rebuild them too so I can just swap at install. I want to do it all at once while I have it apart. I definitely want to do it right, but if I can compromise safely I’ll consider. I guess pros and cons what you all see?

2008 Titanium Metallic 4WD 4Runner V6 SR5| Satoshi Grille mod|17x8 Level 8 MK6 wheels, 275/70/17" Falken Wildpeak tires| Front-Bilstein 5100's set at 0 with ToyTec branded Eibach silver springs and 1/2" ToyTec spacer driver side, 1/4" ToyTec spacer passenger|Front Diff. drop spacer kit|sway bar relocate kit| Rear-Fox 2.0Resi and ToyTec superflex black springs|Tyger Bull bar with LED's/Lund HX tube side steps
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited in Crystal White Pearl

Last edited by cwilliams563; 01-23-2021 at 01:33 AM.
cwilliams563 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote