Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 02:08 PM

JSBTRD is on a distinguished road

JSBTRD is on a distinguished road
6112 with 5150 rear and original rear springs

Looking for input from the thread... recently upgraded my suspension from factory stock to: Bilstein 6112's at 1.2" (4/2) setting in front and Bilstein 5160 in the rear but left the factory stock springs untouched. Both front and back level at 21.5" center of wheel to fender, but it seems that the truck tends to have a reverse rake at times, especially when 100 to 200lbs are added, or the truck sits on an incline. I'm considering upgrading the rear springs to Bilstein B12's to get an extra 3/4" to 1" in the rear, for just a slight forward rake and I figure the B12's are better able to support the occasional 100-200lbs vs factory springs, when adding weight without having a reverse rake.

Anyone have any similar experience and how did you correct any reverse rake?
Thanks!

2018 TRD Off Road Premium - Non KDSS
Attached Images
Bilstein 6112/5160 + B12 Springs-dsc_0083-jpg 

Last edited by JSBTRD; 01-25-2021 at 07:05 PM.
JSBTRD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote