Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 06:09 PM

flipflopnfly is on a distinguished road

flipflopnfly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilliams563 View Post
I think you Jinxed me haha. It rained Saturday, most of the day Sunday here and snowed all night last night at work and still snowing now lol. The backroads roads are going to be a sloppy muddy mess.

One other question for ya. Do the Icon 2.0 v.s. w/ resi. Leak pretty fast and have to be rebuilt often? I guess for me often would be like every 5,000-15,000mi. I would like to get at least 50,000 w/o issues but donÂ’t know anything about shocks like these. Before I order just making sure thereÂ’s no downside like that.

I put Firestone airbags on the rear to avoid shock fade with the BOSS monotube shocks, don't need resi shocks. Rear articulation is still good because I remove the rear sway bar. The airbags can be pumped up to handle highway speeds instead of the rear swaybar, deflate for offroad articulation.

Airbags are a cheap alternative to expensive rear suspension mods, especially if you tow. I tow 4klbs and still go offroad once I unhook. Everything is compromises be it cost, offroading, towing.

You put those lift coils on and longer shocks on the rear you won't get the additional articulation until you remove the rear swaybar. Then when you remove the rear swaybar the brake lines get stretched so you have to add extended brake lines.
Donated to SoulDog Rescue - '07 Limited 4.7 4WD | Toytec Boss kit front and rear set to 2.0" in front with standard Superflex 2" lift rear coils | Firestone 9" airbags | 600W Samlex PSW inverter | Slyfox SAIP bypass | Toytec 14" rear brakelines

'08 Limited 4.7 4WD | Toytec BOSS kit front and rear set to 2.75" front standard Superflex 2" lift rear coils | SPC balljoint UCA's | Firestone 9" airbags | Slyfox SAIP bypass | Toytec 14" rear brakelines
flipflopnfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote