Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 01:35 PM

RooRunner is on a distinguished road

RooRunner is on a distinguished road
Hi Chef!

Liking them although if I had any negative feedback I feel that they are too stiff. But this might be a moot concern due to us being a 4x2 and not having a lot of equipment as the heavy duty overlander / offroader might have. I have even removed the sway bars completely (actually really liking the way it feels after doing this), but they feel still a wee bit too stiff to me. Perhaps I don't know any better and an expecting beach ball plushness sometimes, lol.

As to when I feel they are too stiff... just on on road driving/commuting. I.e. feels like over-inflated tires or run-flats sometimes on sharp impacts on the road (i.e. road perforations, even going into driveways/shopping centers). Has behaved very well off-road for us. I think this is where our rig shines with the lack of swaybars and fairly stiff springs. I think they work well together during the offroad excursions my family and I go on. However to know for sure I'd have to try other springs to fairly judge.

If I had a 4x4 and some decent added weight...I'd run these springs in a heartbeat. In the meantime I think we'll have to buy a nice heavy steel rear bumper and winch for the front

-=terry
RooRunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote