Thread: Starter going?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 07:04 PM

jcampo788 is on a distinguished road

jcampo788 is on a distinguished road
Everything looks clean, and, the battery was tested by my local mechanic three weeks ago.

It seems like there is enough electricity getting to the starter, however. It's turnover "rate" seems really fast.

That said, I am open to ANY and ALL suggestions. I have no other symptoms at all regarding codes or fuel. Asides from the occasional harder start, it runs wonderfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81runner View Post
Wouldn't specifically throw a code that means low fuel pressure, but the low pressure would affect your fuel trims and you would definitely get a code for that, I think I had 0171/0174 when mine went bad. Granted, could be a list of things that point to said code(s), but in my case it was narrowed down to fuel pump. So coming full circle, one could assume that if the pump was indeed the culprit, op would be experiencing additional symptoms. I feel like if the bendix on the starter isn't getting stuck, and it spins, then the issue has to do more with the current flowing to the starter, which points back to battery( has cold crank rating for a reason), or the cables....do your terminals appear clean or look like the beginning of a science experiment?
jcampo788 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote