Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 02:38 PM

shawnathan9 will become famous soon enough

shawnathan9 will become famous soon enough
SPC UCAs, Whiteline LCA bushings, TBU 231mm upgrade, 1/4" spacer driver side, Toytec.

Earlier this week, I received my SPC UCAs, Whiteline LCA bushings, and I also gathered all the parts for the Tundra brake upgrade and got really busy on Wednesday morning.

I went with SPC UCAs as it would be helpful to adjust things when I upgrade my tires in the near future. Installation was a breeze; unfasten, remove the bolt, grab new UCA and contort your hands, move some parts, and Abracadabra Alakazam! - New parts practically walked themselves back into the original space:
20210129-020527

The LCA were a PITA TBH! Nearly removed the rack and pinion, match marked camber dials, contort tie rods to remove the bolts. Once they come off, the real fun began:
20210129-020523

I used a ball joint press to pop off the inner bearing sleeve from all LCAs; Used the blowtorch method to assist with the outer bushing sleeve removal which was the real PITA. Installation of the new bushings was a breeze.
20210129-020510

I simply used a vice grip to secure the LCA while I Thor hammered the new bushings in with press sleeve and a small sledge.
20210129-020503

Re-installing the LCA was a slight challenge due to the limited space to sneak in the new washers that came along with the Whiteline bushing kit but I eventually made it work. Reset the match points on the cambers, reseated the rack and pinion, and then torqued all things back to OEM spec.

Having that ordeal out of the way, I started working on the TBU and replaced the rubber line with a steel braided replacement then switched back to getting the knuckle back to it's rightful place:
20210128-213115

I give the old caliper a sweet farewell and say hello to the Tundra calipers which I decided NOT to color as I felt the black looked pretty enough. I stare at it real hard and then I tell it get to where it belongs and STAY!
20210128-213138

All the hard work completed and, only after I reviewed this picture did I noice that I placed the retaining clip up-side-down:
20210129-020535

Well, that was corrected and then I had the p-l-e-a-s-u-r-e of doing this procedure all over again with the driver side - yippy-kai-yay-MF's!

Just when I think it's all done, FedEx delivers my ToyTec differential drop kit which replaces the ridiculously crappy RevTek poly bushing spacers which really smush to 3/4" after 1 week of use and 1/4" spacer to correct my driver side lean.

I'll spare the details on the spacer since it's just plug and play.

But, here are some pics of the crappy poly spacer, distorted after 1 week of use, vs the aluminum spacer which should NOT have that problem.
20210130-105249
20210130-105246

Now imagine how much you'd have to pay someone if you didn't do these things yourself?

A well deserved beer ended the night in good fashion.