Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Door Adjustment
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 10:04 AM

indevo is on a distinguished road

indevo is on a distinguished road
Short answer yes. I’m obsessed with the doors closing cleanly and have adjusted the strikers on all of my last 4 Toyota’s. The Tacoma’s were the worst of the bunch. Word of advice, use a 8 in or so 2x4 to rest on the striker plate, loosen the torx about 1-1.5 turns, one or two decent smacks in the direction you want to go (usually down to close smoother, or in if door sticks out a little). In my early trials the mallet slid off the striker and hit the inside jam denting it(someone has a ‘16 Tacoma with small dent). The wood block gives more surface area to connect, just don’t rest it on the paint, even then, nothing a little buffing won’t take out. In the chance you drive the striker inside too much, put a thick screwdriver in the middle of the catch vertical and pull, the inside metal securing the bolts will give. There is a lot more forgiveness here than most think.
indevo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote