Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 02:25 AM

SnoRnR will become famous soon enough

SnoRnR will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddoxPics View Post
With the bumper alone you're looking at probably 60lbs. I think that's what CBI said their aluminum bumpers weighed? Then if you are adding a winch you have to throw on another 60lbs minimum, more likely it'll be closer to 80lbs, but it can vary. Light bar and fogs add weight, but nothing that'll make that big of a difference.

Keep in mind if you have rock sliders, skid plates, roof racks, roof top tents, etc, these all will play a roll with the front suspension as well.

I have a '17 so I'm not sure how well they compare to the fox shocks and what the Fox ones can handle, but with the 2" TRD Pro Lift from Toytec for the Bilsteins, I still had a good amount of sag. Had I not had the 2" spacers (which is what the lift really is) it would have sat lower than stock no doubt in my mind.

Posted a photo to give you an idea below.

As far as fogs, yes you'll want the circle style ones. Their official name is the Squadron. Those are what fit perfectly in the CBI style cutouts. Same with C4 and others.

I don't think you need a new suspension, especially when you can adjust compression, but you might want to find the same size coil in a stiffer form to help with the weight. With what you're doing a 600lb should work fine. Assuming that can be done on those shocks.

I ordered the BD Squadrons but the SAE (road legal) ones. I ordered the 4 runner kit because another forum member said you need the brackets in the kit to fit the fogs to the CBI bumper. I have sliders and a roof rack but no armour. I have a goose gear system which is a fair amount of weight in the rear so hopefully adding some to the front will level it out.

The shop told me to expect some sag. I know the fox TRD pro suspension is 1” higher at the front. But I also have dual battery and compressor under the hood. I’m sure it will sit fine for road driving. I don’t have anything too crazy planned off-road trails his year. Once I decide on a rear bumper I’ll upgrade the suspension and o something with a lift and stiffer shocks.

Thanks for the picture your rig looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk