View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 02:03 PM

gjcarving is on a distinguished road

gjcarving is on a distinguished road
Need a little help. Picking out a 2021 TRD OR, or ORP

Hello. Before I post this I just want to say I have done a ton of searching on here to try and help me come to a conclusion. But, the answers always seem to split 50/50. So, I figured I would give it a shot myself.

1) The differences between the cloth and Softex. I have read the many pros and cons of both. Really wondering if anyone here has had both or has good long term input on either. I have cloth in my Tundra and it's held up well. But, I have read that the 4Runner cloth tends to wear faster. Does anyone find this true?

I am intrigued by the Softex but am a bit Leary of all the comments saying it doesn't breathe and people find themselves sweating on the back etc. This would be my main concern as I live in the high desert and temperature differences are extreme. It can get really cold, and really hot. I have seen many posts of people wishing they had gotten the cloth.

The other part of it is thier durability. Most of what I have seen is positive, but a few have shown peeling, easily scratching etc.

2). This question is about the push button start. I am kind of old school in nature and curious about long term durability of these. This truck will be going in the middle of nowhere as I like secluded spots. I have also read that many times it will start beeping at you for no reason while walking to the tailgate etc. Any info on this system from both sides would be helpful.

3). This a question that should be easily answered but found conflicting info. Does the OR model come with heated side mirrors and where the wipers rest like the ORP does.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. This is a big purchase for me as my Tundra suits me well and I will be keeping it. But, I have always loved the 5th gen and would like to get one before they release the next gen. I appreciate anyone who posts or shares their experiences! And, if you have anything to add I would welcome it also. Thank you for your time! Best...
gjcarving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote