Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 08:59 PM

MaddoxPics is a jewel in the rough MaddoxPics is a jewel in the rough MaddoxPics is a jewel in the rough

MaddoxPics is a jewel in the rough MaddoxPics is a jewel in the rough MaddoxPics is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85GT-79FJ40 View Post
Did you compress the calipers with a C-Clamp and an old pad? Did any of them seem really hard to compress then like POP and go in? Have you looked CAREFULLY at all the calipers to make sure there are no leaks? You shouldn't have any problems with just a pad or pad/rotor change. BUT I have run into issues compressing caliper pistons on Toyota truck 4 Piston calipers more times than I can count over the years. I'm on my 17th toyota truck now and I also work on cars for a living. Although rarely toyota trucks... Mostly hot rods and muscle cars. If you compressed a frozen piston it will likely be leaking. And that will make the pedal go the floor and cause it to stop poorly of course. Occasionally you can have a similar issue with a master cylinder too. If there is grit in the bore of the cylinder and you compress the brake pedal further than usual you can chew up the seals in the cylinder and have a leak there. Usually they'll leak out the back when that happens.
No leaks anywhere that I could tell. All pistons went in easily. Took maybe a turn or two to compress them in. I'm hoping it's just air in the lines from when the rears were put on. But as said I don't recall losing any brake pressure so would be weird it happened now. Unless when compressing the pistons it pushed the air around? Not sure if possible or not.
MaddoxPics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote