Notices

View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 01:57 AM

surf.runner is on a distinguished road

surf.runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBound View Post
damn, was about to claim it.
Hey @surf.runner just curious if in your researches you learned of any other brands that work with the Eezi Awn Rack. I am sure an adapter can be utilized or made but i am about to dive in to this portion of my build.

Thanks.
Yo! It’s remarkable how many mounting options there are across the spectrum of tents and racks.

After all my research, and as you do yours, my recommendation is to land on the type of tent you want for your preferred application and then figure out mounting to Eezi Awn K9 rack after.

For example, do you plan on keeping tent mounted year round or do you envision removing tent between trips?

The answer to this vastly changes the type of tent (and mounting system) you’ll ultimately love.

If it’s year round, a heavier duty (and heavy tent) like an Eezi-Awn, 23Zero, etc. would be a great option. Any of those could easily be mounted to a K9 rack

If it’s coming off and on, I would recommend something much lighter. (mine is 200lb so it was a PITA to get a friend or neighbor to help me move it off and on...so it ended up being on year round)

I mounted mine with carriage bolts and metal plates that “sandwiched” the rack.

Even better would be a mounting option like this: ROOF TOP TENT BRACKETS

Let me know if you have any more questions!
surf.runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote