View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 06:53 PM

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute
Here are a few pics of the design/fabrication projects as well. Its been a fun experience learning how to weld. Cutting holes in 1/4 and 1/2" steel...not so much...

After designing my own iteration of an ultraswing, i took on a first for me fabrication process... everything you see was done with a drill, grinder, belt sander and welder. It was difficult without all the proper tools, but I made my way through it. Still cleaning the garage from it though..

Here is all the material that was brought home in the 4runner as well. The rest of the pieces are to an offroad trailer I am almost done designing to build.

The raw material cut into somewhat of a shape looked a bit unpromising..

but the end result came out great

Everything came out just about as close to design as one could expect working in a garage.

Shortly after painting the thing... i cut it all up and upgraded the pivot to a heim joint style, similar to what coatal offraod uses in their bumper swing outs for a beefier design that is also adjustable.

Front yard paint job not a pro, but did pick up some tips and tricks from my brother over the last few cars I have brought back from the dead, the 4runner had fading trim all around and we had to repair a dent on the back door that the copart forklift driver was gracious enough to leave while loading the car.

I welded the 4x innovation sliders together and tacked them to the frame, but let my brother do the more serious welding to the frame due to limited access and not a lot of experience on my side.

This is my WPL C24 model wit the Land Cruiser (C54) body that I just stumbled across online.. figured it was fitting to my new hobby. Spent a total of probably close to 60 hours building the damn thing, but gotta admit, its pretty damn sweet and realistic.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by aemravan; 02-18-2021 at 07:04 PM.
aemravan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote