Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 12:24 AM

xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold

xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-desertT4R View Post
ryanking61 I have a question. Are the input shafts on both T-cases the same length/ spline count? Maybe it’s an optical illusion on the pic in the op but one looks shorter. I’m excited to see how this swap turns out. Very cool thanks
If you look at the actual FJ tcase in his first pic, which I assume is the one that he actually has, the input shaft of the tcase is the same as the stock 4R tcase.

The FJ tcase in the second pic appears to be from a manual shift, 6 speed FJ from the input shaft or is just missing the female collar on it.

Note that the FJ tcase from the manual 6 speed FJs won't work on the A750 auto trans in the 4Runners. You MUST use teh tcase from an auto.

Also note the some of the 5th gen 4Runners have manual tcases that are identical to the FJ tcase. These can also be used for this swap.

And option to retaining the front diff ADD system is to eliminate it and replace with the same, solid axle version that the V8 4Runners use. See the following link. Same parts/steps for a 4Runner as the Tacoma.

How to: Deleting ADD system | Tacoma World

@ryanking61 , great choice on doing the swap! Following along and willing to help with any questions you might have along the way. I know mine's a V8 but the swaps are virtually identical otherwise. Lots of swap info on the tacomworld 2nd gen forums as well.
FJ tcase swap, VVT intake swap, Solid Offroad motor mounts, Doug Thorley y-pipe, Bold Performance cat-back, ADS shocks F&R, Metal Tech LTHD springs rear, 1" body lift, 285/75/17 Toyo R/T Trails on Sequoia rims, Coastal front bumper, CAD rear bumper
xtremewlr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote