Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 10:47 AM

xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold

xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold xtremewlr is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanking61 View Post
Thanks for the catch on that picture, I forget to mention that the one shown was from a manual transmission FJ.

I had considered trying to remove the ADD stuff but its nice having 2WD since I still daily drive it. The FJ transfer case also doesn't have a center locking diff, so it'll actually spin both driveshafts the entire time which puts more wear on the front components and the internal oil pump for the tcase. Plus, if I keep the ADD and wire it to a switch, I'll technically be able to have 2lo
So, it sounds like you have been listening to the lies being fed out of RST concerning not having ADD with the FJ tcase. The only part that is actually factual in what you said is the FJ case having an internal oil pump and the part about having 2LO with running the ADD wiring and the FJ tcase. Sorry, no offense meant.

Keep in mind I have a V8, so no ADD from the factory.

The FJ tcase does have an internal oil pump, indeed. But, that pump is always working no matter what. 2WD or 4WD. It's not going to wear out prematurely from running non-ADD on the front diff.

Take a look at the link I gave to Tacomaworld for eliminating ADD. Tacoma guys have been doing this for a while, without any ill effects to the transfer case or front end parts. The non-ADD setup is also the strongest front IFS setup you can have.

Yes, the front driveshaft and everything else related on the front end is spinning when you drive but you are still in 2WD because there is no power going to the front differential unless you put the tcase into 4WD.

I have over 8500 miles on my FJ tcase swap with the non-ADD front end and have zero problems. Please don't believe the lies that have been fed out of RST. The guy is a thief and has been feeding people those lies only to try and make more money off them with unnecessary modifications.
FJ tcase swap, VVT intake swap, Solid Offroad motor mounts, Doug Thorley y-pipe, Bold Performance cat-back, ADS shocks F&R, Metal Tech LTHD springs rear, 1" body lift, 285/75/17 Toyo R/T Trails on Sequoia rims, Coastal front bumper, CAD rear bumper
xtremewlr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote