Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 05:14 PM

bglfgd is on a distinguished road

bglfgd is on a distinguished road
Check for rust around the radiator support member

Took off the skid plate today while getting ready to do an oil change and noticed some rust on the radiator support member. Looked closer and once I peeled the flimsy foam piece they put on there for what I'm guessing are sound proofing purposes (prevent skid plate from making contact?), I found quite a bit of rust! I ripped that foam piece off, it was wet and apparently has been trapping water and whatever else got in there. Wire brushing and Rust-Oleum is on the agenda for tomorrow. My 4runner is a 2016, and aside from this rust-free, some minor surface stuff here and there notwithstanding. It's far from neglected as every time it sees road salt I get a hose to the undercarriage first chance I get.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by bglfgd; 02-22-2021 at 06:55 PM.
bglfgd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote