Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 10:27 PM

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all
Lasfit LEDs - Review

In my search for improving my headlights I decided on a few things. I always like my vehicles to look as stock as possible. So, no aftermarket housings and I'm not a fan of the HID "blue" look. Also, I wanted to keep costs down. So, it seems like LED, H11/H9 conversion or get better OE bulbs. But, those bulbs seem to burn out every year. So, either conversion and keep the same halogen color with better performance or try LED. Let's try LED, but we'll start with the low beams. My fog lights are connected to the stock wiring, so they turn off with the high beams and I like keeping them on.

Now, there is a lot of contradicting information around LEDs it seems, so I've been trying to do as much research as I can. I'm sure a lot of that is subjective to the users expectations. I understand an aftermarket LED bulb inside the projector housing isn't optimal. I understand that whether they are cheap or expensive may be erroneous. Great reviews, poor reviews, it's the wrong application, what gives?

I decided I'd just try myself. If they suck, i'll ship em back or sell them. Maybe someone else would be happy with them.

Saw a lot of negative on here about XenonDepot, so avoided those. I settled on these from Lasfit after seeing some recent good reviews on FB and on here. The price was reasonable, seem to be well engineered with the fans. Looks promising. I'm sure I could have gone even cheaper, but thats ok.

2014-2020 4Runner Custom-Made H11 LED Bulbs w/Dual-Cooling System|LASFIT

Props to Lasfit. Quick shipping and packaged really well. Nice heavy box and the bulbs were snug in their foam cocoons. Easy instructions (not that install was hard) and 3 different color stickers. I love a company that throws in stickers. The bulbs look great and seem to be high quality. Everything feels well made and strong. They also worked! Huge plus.

Install:
Literally untwist the old ones and twist these in. Make sure to test them before install. If they dont work then flip the wire around. It's a ten minute job, tops.

So here they are. They are the exact color I wanted and look OEM. I couldn't be happier there.

Night time. I know blinding oncoming drivers is a hot button and I don't want to be that guy if I can avoid it, so yes, I did aim them lower than what is in the pic below. They were a bit high (45"@25') after my leveling kit. I measured 40" to the center of the headlight. So, I'll start at 40" on the garage door at 25' and see if I get flashed. Can always go lower.

With my Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport ambers on with the LEDs.

Overall impressons are great. I took a quick drive and it's an amazing difference. For the price I'm extremely happy. Again, I've never driven with HIDs, Alpharex, or anything else. So, really don't have much else to compare them too except the OE halogens. Regardless, these suckers are BRIGHT!

I hope this helps some people on the fence about LEDs.