Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 12:54 AM

akaye is on a distinguished road

akaye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Reak Show View Post
Price/cost is different than value. So yeah, the price may seem a bit high overall, but the value to me justifies it. 320k? So what. If it’s documented well maintained it could be as good as day one. Set aside a little emergency money and roll with it. The 3.4 is in my opinion a historic engine. And the 3rd gen is in my opinion the best all around 4Runner. You’ll have the ideal platform. ANY used cars engine or transmission could blow at any time. Higher mileage does mean it’s more likely, but given the info you described, seems right to me. If it’s what you want, then the value will outweigh the price every day of the week to me.

My 1995 has a junkyard 3.4 with a total of like 150K on the engine as of now, entire truck is at 255K and I would get in right now and drive coast to coast without question. Everything can break down. But some stuff is just least likely. Rust free, documented maintenance, one honest owner, options you want, a vehicle getting rarer and rarer everyday... pull the trigger and have fun.
Yeah I understand where you're comin from. I guess one of my other concerns is how am I ever going to resell this one day if it has 400k miles on it, right? I mean who would ever buy a used car with 400k for even $5k or am I wrong on that in the 4Runner world? I guess if it has the rear lock and 3.4L I could prob always get it sold to someone who wants an off-road project maybe?
akaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote