Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:46 AM

4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light

4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light
Buying 300k+ 4Runners

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaye View Post
Yeah I understand where you're comin from. I guess one of my other concerns is how am I ever going to resell this one day if it has 400k miles on it, right? I mean who would ever buy a used car with 400k for even $5k or am I wrong on that in the 4Runner world? I guess if it has the rear lock and 3.4L I could prob always get it sold to someone who wants an off-road project maybe?

So this is where you lose me. I keep things forever once I’m invested, either emotionally or financially. So the whole “what about reselling it someday” never crosses my mind. If you want it as an investment, then it probably isn’t gonna work out. But if you want a highly reliable, fun, capable, easily repaired/maintained vehicle with parts still available, this isn’t a terrible choice. (Of course it needs a thorough inspection as stated above. Don’t just take one’s word for it).

That all being said, you could get your money back to the right buyer. Using my 1995 as an example, I recently added up all the money I’ve spent on it over the last 17 years, and it’s a stupid amount, like $14,000 in add ons or something. I’ll never get that back. BUT, to the right person, knowing what it is and what went into it, would probably be willing to pay around 7-9K I’d guess. Again, gotta be the just right person. Of course I’ll never sell it but you get the idea. Cost vs value.

Wife's: 2016 Trail Premium, bone stock until she joins T4R.org one day...

Last edited by 4Reak Show; 02-23-2021 at 10:50 AM.
4Reak Show is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote