Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 12:28 PM

akaye is on a distinguished road

akaye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Reak Show View Post
So this is where you lose me. I keep things forever once I’m invested, either emotionally or financially. So the whole “what about reselling it someday” never crosses my mind. If you want it as an investment, then it probably isn’t gonna work out. But if you want a highly reliable, fun, capable, easily repaired/maintained vehicle with parts still available, this isn’t a terrible choice. (Of course it needs a thorough inspection as stated above. Don’t just take one’s word for it).

That all being said, you could get your money back to the right buyer. Using my 1995 as an example, I recently added up all the money I’ve spent on it over the last 17 years, and it’s a stupid amount, like $14,000 in add ons or something. I’ll never get that back. BUT, to the right person, knowing what it is and what went into it, would probably be willing to pay around 7-9K I’d guess. Again, gotta be the just right person. Of course I’ll never sell it but you get the idea. Cost vs value.
Oh, I'm definitely the same way. I like to buy quality things ONCE, and maintain them while enjoying having the best of the best along the way. However I am a freelance sound artist and engineer, so moving out of the country temporarily or permanently is never *too* far out of the realm of possibility. I don't see a reason I would ever sell the 4runner I get if I am in the US. I'm just trying to weight how much I would lose my hat If I bought this and *had* to sell it in a few years. Just don't want to lose like 6 grand on that move or something insane. Also being a freelance artist my margins are unbelievably small so every single move I make that is a financial choice has to be made pretty carefully and without much room for error.
akaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote