Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 06:48 PM

sawman1 is on a distinguished road

sawman1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohanyan1 View Post
Hey guys. Sorry to bother here but just purchased a 2021 Limited for my wife and am looking to do a mild level on it to allow for some bigger tires on factory wheels and have the truck sit level. In Michigan, and basically just looking for bigger tires and a more leveled look while maintaining factory ride. No interest in getting rid of XREAS or getting new shocks or anything else like that.

Again, this Limited has an XREAS suspension which we’ve had before and our mechanic installed on my wife’s last car, which was a 2015 Limited. It was a ReadyLift 3”/2”, installed on it 6 years ago that we just sold for this new one. The same shop that put the ReadyLift kit on the former truck, is stating that ReadyLift does not offer a 3”/2” for this new truck. Looking at their website has confirmed this.

So, going from there and based on some reviews on this site, I purchased a Daystar kit that claimed that it would work on this vehicle and when my mechanic got it on the lift and looked at the Daystar lift, they said it was fine for the front but was missing an extension bracket for the rear that would require the mechanic to extend the rear shock too far to install the block.

So, I am a little lost. I am not looking for new shocks or UCA’s, just a basic kit that gets the front up 2 inches or so and perhaps an inch on the rear.

The shop did some work and found a Rough Country lift, that is 2”/1” that they don’t sell but that I could purchase and they would install. It has the rear extension bracket that allows it to work with XREAS.

So, I am wondering what you guys think. Have any of you had this RC kit installed? In doing my research, there seems to be a lot of critical reviews of RC lifts. This particular one is model 767 from RC. Am I good having this one installed or do you have any opinions on it.

Bottom line, this will be a mall crawler and I am just looking to have something put on that will allow for some slightly larger tires and give it a more leveled look. It will rarely leave the pavement other than dealing with snow conditions here in Michigan.

Any opinions or links to other threads where this exact issue is discussed, would be greatly appreciated. I found some threads where guys have installed not XREAS kits on XREAS trucks but I don’t think I have that option as the mechanic won’t install it.
I had the Rough Country lift you mentioned. Zero issues at all & good quality.
sawman1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote