Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 09:15 AM

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
Because they have the potential to harm other people. I'm sure the people that like to drink and drive aren't not putting other people in harms way.
I get the safety aspect of it, but I don't think that's a fair comparison. To me, having a properly aimed LED light, something that a ton of OEs now come with, doesn't compare to driving drunk. It's just another headlight to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistory View Post
Remember, information that contradicts the truth is called misinformation. The criteria for headlight performance isn't subjective, it's very clearly laid out and can be measured with instruments. These criteria are important for the safety of you and drivers around you. These criteria are very rarely met by fly-by-night Chinese imports.

Ok, again: liking something is subjective, while legal criteria for safe road lighting is objective. I know lots of people that like driving on the road with their light bars turned on, but that doesn't make them right or safe.

Please also consider the possibility that I myself am misinformed. But remember that the difference between me and Lasfit: I am not trying to lighten your wallet by $180.
I'm not saying you are wrong in any way and I appreciate the info. I'm sure the science behind it is correct. I just settled on Lasfit based off of reviews, so not particular to any brand. This was about LEDs as a whole and maybe these are just better than what was available in the past?

Maybe I just see it as less of an issue. To me, the science doesn't matter if I'm not getting flashed or not sending 100 vehicles into ditches per day. It's not a lightbar. They are just another set of LED headlights on the road to me, but I am safer because I can see now.