View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 07:35 AM

BigNuge is on a distinguished road

BigNuge is on a distinguished road
I’ve done this on my old 03 4R, and now on my current build (02 Sequoia). Not a bad job at all.

Like others have said, plan on removing the radiator to give yourself room to work. Definitely do a coolant flush at that time (just prior to the timing belt job). I did a Gates serpentine kit at the same time as well, comes with tensioner, idler, and a Gates serpentine belt. Good kit.

One note on the timing belt kit. Like others have said, the Aisin kit is the one to get. Be sure you get the kit that includes the hydraulic tensioner. When I was looking for the kit for my Sequoia I noticed that they sold kits that did not include that tensioner. Not sure why, it’s foolish not to do it while you’re in there!

As a mechanic you know how to turn wrenches I’m sure, you’ll be fine doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk