Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 10:47 AM

Vansnxtweek will become famous soon enough

Vansnxtweek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2sun View Post
Those are common issues with any 2.5-3” lift. Both my stock CV boots leaked grease and eventually busted the boots after I put my first lift on (close to 15 years ago now). But that’s just what happens to CVs when you change their angles after sitting at stock height for so long (especially the original CVs). I’ve broken a handful of CV axels on the trails over the years, and I’ve never had a new CV leak. They get used to the steeper angles right off the bat, unlike stock CVs.

I have had to replace a couple u-joints over the years too, but that’s to be expected with a 200K mi. truck. The lift probably didn’t help things, but like the CVs, I never had that issue again once I put in the new u-jpoints. And like Dom8706 said, a diff drop will help the stress on your CVs and definitely an alignment is necessary after a lift.
Thanks man, and yes I did install one. I guess that's what I found as well, once I put new CVs in they didnt bust again. My stock ones are currently not busted but if I do go for this setup again I will just replace them while I'm in there.

How low would you all say you can crank them down without rubbing on 285s?

Its hard to get the height just right being everytime you make a change technically you need another alignment.

I didn't rub on mine at all before but I put the coilovers on and left them where they had them adjusted and I think they were pretty maxed out on height.
Vansnxtweek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote