Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 12:51 PM

Sp00ner will become famous soon enough Sp00ner will become famous soon enough

Sp00ner will become famous soon enough Sp00ner will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcslv View Post
I have the same kit sitting in my garage right now just waiting to be installed. Did they do the alignment? Did they have any problems with the alignment. I was wondering how long it would take to install. I probably do it tonight now. I was thinking it would take all day. But after looking at it I kept thinking it shouldn’t be that long.
The shop banged it out amazingly fast, just over an hour of being on the lift.

Alignment was done, but the passenger's side cam bolt was seized up already, which according to the guys at ChiTown4x4 is a painfully common issue with 4Runners, though he was pretty surprised to hear it was already in that state with just over 20k miles on it. Everything is within spec, but the installer said he'd like to see it adjusted just a bit differently once the cam bolt gets sorted out.

Between the install shop and the alignment shop that he sent me to it was just over 3 hours of my time. I just dont have the tools yet to do it myself, every tool I have is meant to work on sports cars, so even things like jacks/stands arent big enough for the 4Runner. Also, I'm at a point in my life where I have more money than time, so for the $400-500 it cost me, and having it done in 3 hours by guys that do this all day, was worth the expense all day.
Pioneer 8500NEX
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote