Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 12:09 PM

Lizard10 is on a distinguished road

Lizard10 is on a distinguished road
New guy with 2008 SR5... Grill and accessory questions...

Hey all! New 4Runner owner here. Bought a new FJ in 2010 and lost it in the divorce. Was tossing around an FJ or a 4Runner at the time and now is my chance to have a 4th Gen and have some fun.

Anyways, she is a 2008 SR5 4WD. Frame is gorgeous and is almost 100% stock. However, it does have the Bilstein 5100 kit and has been leveled... That is it!

On order:

FULL LED setup. Headlights, turns, interior, etc. GREAT info on here as to the bulbs needed. Sounds silly to do, but lighting is something I think a lot of people miss.

Getting the door handles, mirror caps and rear taligate chrome piece wrapped in the Titanium Met colorway. Hate the chrome and black mirror caps. Hoping to make it look a little more modern in color matching.

I am wanting to get a set of wheels and tires. Really like the TRD stuff, but have heard of flaking issues and a ton of replica stuff out there for seemingly the same price. Hard to tell which way to go so, thinking Method Wheels and a 285/70/17 tire...

Here's my question... I have searched and searched and really surprised an aftermarket company hasn't taken to this with the popularity of the 4th Gens. I want a Rator style grill in all black. I saw through searches a DIY mash up between a Tacoma TRD Pro grill and the stocker. Really don't want to do all of that only to have it crack and break. I also saw this one through the searches:

BPF 03-09 Toyota 4runner Raptor Style Mesh and Lettering

But, it is an insert and honestly, the lettering is way too big and pronounced. There is the one that is over $500. Too pricey and silly to spend. Thinking that there HAS to be an option to get a full replacement replica of the newer gen styles? I have searched and searched and haven't seen anything.

Probably just get a black replacement grill from Ebay and do black lettering all around the SUV to finish the style. Would love to find something and open to ideas and suggestions.
Lizard10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote