View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 09:23 AM

Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about

Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro367 View Post
BSW - Black SideWall
RWL - Raised White Letters

What he is saying is possible. Jeep/Ram/Chrysler may have a certain spec of tire seeing as they come stock on the JL Rubicon, but that would be only in the 285/70R17. They also came in 265/70R17 I believe on some of the older JK special editions like the Big Bear. Which size you were looking at? The BFG KM they used to have on JK Rubicons were also Jeep specific in tread, compund, etc. Otherwise, FCA uses other tire brands on their vehicles (Falken, Goodyear, Bridgestone) and not much BFG. People seek out the Jeep ones because they are a C-Load, so that has been a good for most light SUV owners like us to have that in the market.

As long as the RWL version is the C-Load I'd go for that. Will you feel any real world difference? probably not.

I just put 265/70R17 Cs on mine and love them. Had KO2s on multiple vehicles now and have always been impressed. Great in snow, no rain issues, and offroad they are great. To me, they are one of the best tires on the market.
At the time I visited the shop I was looking at 265/70R17 but wasn't set on the size or brand, just trying to decide what to get. I eventually went with something else.
2019 TRD Off Road w/KDSS in silver. Dobinsons IMS59-50700 & C59-314 front (coil seats lowered 1/2"), IMS59-50705 & C59-505 rear; Dobinsons diff drop; Ironman UCAs; Eimkeith PCK, Ironman adjustable panhard rod, and Treaty Oak KDSS spacers; Toyo Open Country A/T III 255/80R17; C4 Fab skids & Shrockworks sliders; Durobumps front & rear.
Tuco S. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote