View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 01:05 PM

thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold

thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold
My son bought a used Corolla that did the same thing, plus a couple other symptoms. His has an aftermarket remote start that ended up being the culprit. I located the two 30-amp fuses for that inside the steering column. Removed those and the problem went away. He had replaced the battery and alternator, too, plus the starter was failing due to staying energized too long. Best I could discern is that it kept trying to start the car, or at least was failing there and letting some current flow. I discovered it when my meter pegged twice and the internal fuse blew while checking current with everything turned off. Before it pegged, I was measuring somewhere around 250-300mA with everything off.

No way to unplug or otherwise disconnect the theft deterrent system?

Anything else aftermarket that isn't fused?

Does everything electrical in the truck work properly?

If I were in your place, I might consider removing every fuse (rather than testing one at a time), and see if the drain is still there. If not, re-introduce one at a time, checking after each one.
thennen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote