Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 08:06 PM

rhadam has a spectacular aura about rhadam has a spectacular aura about

rhadam has a spectacular aura about rhadam has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPowerstroke View Post
I’ve been working on a few little mods while this thing is sitting in my driveway. Apparently if you buy a car from a private seller in SC and you live in NC, there is no way to get a temporary tag. You just have to wait to get the title and go to the DMV.

The first thing I did was tackle the rear hatch lights. The previous owner swapped some LED’s into them, but they were so dim they had to be worse than stock. I found the drop in 4Runner specific LED panels that are around $100, but I really didn’t want to spend that just for hatch lights. So I found these bulbs on Amazon, and for $12 I figured it was worth a shot.

[IMG]https8537930d1d783b070757d7afba
The swap was easy, just pop the light housings out (push in on the gold clip), take the lenses off and swap the bulbs. I couldn’t believe how much light these little bulbs put out, it’s like daylight under my hatch now!!
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210225a4a538b13df7bd3ea41fe65.jp

The next mod was the classic, maybe overdone, but still cool American flags in the back windows. Because ‘Merica. I run a sign shop so this was an easy one. I cut them out of 3M black reflective, which is a little twist on what most people have. I think they turned out cool!

The last thing I’m working on are some replacements for the “Trail” emblems. The previous owner 3D printed the ones that are on it, but I wasn’t happy with the font. I have a 3D printer so I decided to see if I could improve on the idea. I drew up the file and got some help with making it ready to print on a 3D printing forum. After a few attempts, I’m happy with how they came out. I’m working on sanding and painting them now and then I’ll update this when I put them on.

The biggest thing I want to get done ASAP is the lift/level kit. I can’t stand the stance it has right now. I’m looking at the Bilstein 5100’s and the Eibach kit, I’m just trying to figure out what is best especially with KDSS. I’m also really leaning towards the TRD Pro wheels, even though everyone has them haha. I like the look a lot, but I’m worried they won’t stick out far enough. I’d rather not run spacers, but we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice work on the emblems, looks great. If you want a better stance, you'll want to look at wheels running -10 or -12 offset which is really common. Rather have that than spacers. The new TRD wheels are nice, but there are many great wheel options out there: RRW, SCS, FN (looking to replace my RRW with FN), Method, Fuel, etc. You could likely find the look you want with a negative offset to improve the stance. My RRW wheels are -12 and I love the stance, and fit 275 Wildpeaks with minimal work.
Kenwood eXcelon 10.1 headunit + Kenwood speakers
rhadam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote