Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 07:28 PM

Johnnie is on a distinguished road

Johnnie is on a distinguished road
so I learned some more my key lock assy on the tailgate wouldnt turn after a PITA getting too it I removed it and it would not turn with the key, I was hoping to at least save the manual locking availability, so I bought a new key lock assy (came with keys and electrical plug from of all places United Arab Emirates on ebay. a genuine toyota part for $60 shipped, instead of $150 from the local dealer , go figure half way around the world in 5 days for almost a third of the price. unfortunately the cylinder is glued into the plastic facia and I have no idea how I'm gonna get it out without breaking the plastic which of course is god knows how old. the glue looks to be something close to JB weld (not rock hard but still to hard to pry off of the 20 year old plastic any one ever do this with out having to buy a new facia?????
Johnnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote