Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 06:41 PM

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremewlr View Post
That's coming out really nice man!

Does the Tacoma hood directly swap over? As in, the bolt holes lined up without issue? Do you need to modify anything for the hood latch?
Thanks man ! I'm super happy with the progress.

Funny you ask about thr hood and latch, I JUST finished that now. Lol.

Yes and now. You need to install the Tacoma hinges if you want both bolt holes to line up on the hood, which I did. In the front. I installed the Tacoma latch but had to make some modifications and raise it about an inch from where it was to lock in and line up.

I dont know if it would be the same if I didn't start with a coastal front bumper or not.

At this point, the difficult, unknown part is done. Fenders are secured with custom brackets, grill in place and lights locked in. Needs some very minor adjustments on the driver side light gap, but overall I am super happy.

I had to cut metal standoffs to space the fenders up to line up and make 2 custom brackets to secure them in. Eventually I'll make these brackets proper brackets and clean everything up, but for the time being it's all together.

Did a rough fit of thr winch and ill need to trim bottom of the grill to clear the control box.

Next step will be to fine trim the fenders and start fiberglass work... yay...

First goal is to fill in the door gap, and second goal is to possibly shave down the fender bulge at the bottom where it kicks out a bit too aggressively compared to 4runner door, but we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by aemravan; 03-08-2021 at 08:30 AM.
aemravan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote