Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 10:59 PM
Elite Member

BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold
Elite Member

BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblah View Post
I could never get my tires to balance correctly when I had them in my ko2's, Also the balance was always a little off, depending if the vehicle sat to long, or i would get a weird shimmy for the first few miles, then it would go away, then come back. The balance was never horrible, but it was never fixed either. It was enough to be an annoyance.

One day, I Forgot to tell the tire shop that I had beads in the tires, so when they went to move my tires on to new rims, resulted in a mess on the shop floor....oops my bad.

Went back to standard lead weights on my new rims w/ old tires, and no more balancing issues. Not sure if the balancing issues were due to the tires being hard to balance, or the stupid beads, or changing rims, or a combination of all of the above.
I have only ever dealt with a few balance bead tires (my own included), but never had the opportunity to break them down (customer didn't like the labor cost for us to clean out the tires and re-balance, not that I blame them). I have noticed those odd imbalance quirks; particularly getting on a curved on-ramp; it takes a bit for the beads to move from being flung on the sidewall.

Yeah, I'm leaning closer and closer to just dismounting the tires and doing a proper road force balance one of these weekends I guess.

Thanks for the response!
BlackWorksInc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote