Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 01:07 PM
Banned

Gamma Ray is just really nice Gamma Ray is just really nice Gamma Ray is just really nice Gamma Ray is just really nice Gamma Ray is just really nice
Banned

Gamma Ray is just really nice Gamma Ray is just really nice Gamma Ray is just really nice Gamma Ray is just really nice Gamma Ray is just really nice
I went back to NJ Devils Way this weekend. Nearly all of the snow is gone, so everything's opened up for the little Trailrunner! I went to an area of the woods that I hadn't previously explored. You can see me living on the edge in a couple photos. Beyond that was some downed branches that I originally thought I couldn't pass but found that I could today. There were also other branches further down that I actually couldn't pass. I thought about coming back another day with an axe to clear out the spot, but I decided to see if I could get the truck to go around the branches while I stepped over them. I almost got the truck stuck in one spot, but I successfully pulled it off! This truck is super rugged! It was also high tide at the river, so I got a photo of the truck by the river at the same spot as last week but looking different. I think the only two places I got stuck were the branches that I took the wide path to get around, I tried attacking them head on my first pass, and going down the curb into the parking lot. There was loose, sandy dirt behind the curb, so when I eased down on the skid plates to get my front wheels down, they actually got stuck up in the air while the rear wheels just spun in the sand. I had to give it a little kick to get it going. So embarrassing! Just a little way over is some grass, so I'll have to remember to hit the grass next time.

I also used my 3S lipo again this time. I actually can't remember the last time I used the 2S. The 3S is great. It doesn't go too fast if I remember to exercise throttle control, and I get a bit of extra speed in case I need it where the 2S would fail to climb or get over obstacles. It's also a larger 3S, and I have aluminum hub adapters. I don't know if I can get the weight any better. I'm so happy with my current setup. And while the hub adapters are aluminum, they're not too heavy, so the rotating weight concerns are a lot less.

I think I'm going to go somewhere else next weekend since I've gone to NJ Devils Way two or three times in a row since the weather started getting nicer, but I'm looking forward to going back in the future. It's a lot of fun here.

Gamma Ray is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote