Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 03:53 AM

sneaky is on a distinguished road

sneaky is on a distinguished road
Spring 2021: I decided to pull the trigger on a (budget) lift.

Rear: Landcruiser 7.5 wraps with landcruiser shocks (3.5 inch lift), 3rd gen 4runner front swaybar endlinks (about an inch longer), and then 3 inch square tubing as bumpstop extensions.

Front: 4runner Bilstein 5100s on the top perch with 5th gen 4runner springs (3 inch lift), and 2nd gen 4runner front swaybar endlinks (about an inch longer).

The 5th gen 4runner springs alone should give about a 1 inch lift, but are stiffer than the 3rd gen 4runner springs. When combined with the 5100s on top perch, they rode like my Silvia on Ebay coilovers. They also destroyed the bushings on the top of the shock on my first wheeling trip. I have decided to replace these with Eibach springs with 1/4 inch top plate spacers, and set the 5100s to bottom perch.

For a diff drop I went to a fastener supply store and purchased the following:
- (2) 1/2" x 8" Grade 8 Bolts
- (2) 1/2" Grade 8 Nylock Nuts
- (4) 1/2" Washers
- (?) 1/2" Washers (buy enough so that they are 1" thick when stacked for each side)
- (2) 8mm x 40mm Bolts (for the stock skid plate)
- (2) 8mm Washers (for the stock skid plate)
Attached Images
sneaky's 3rd gen build thread-pxl_20210220_210013809-night-jpg 

Last edited by sneaky; 03-15-2021 at 04:25 AM.
sneaky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote