View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 02:51 PM

EdmundGTP will become famous soon enough

EdmundGTP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verland View Post
+1 I wanna see some install and fitment photos, plus overall impressions of the product.

In retrospect I should have taken pictures during the installation, but I didn't take a single one.

Overall, I'd say fitment and assembly quality is about as good as you could possibly hope for.

Once all the nuts are tightened, the body of snorkel conforms and fits to the fender and flare nice and tight. There are no weird gaps or anything. It looks about as close to "factory/OEM" as it could be.

The alignment between the snorkel, the rubber elbow and the airbox inlet, looked at first like it was going to be trouble to make work, but at final assembly it all slid together just fine. I didn't have to "fight" with any of those parts to get them put together. If you make all your holes and openings to match the provided template, you'll be good to go. Simple as that.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the most difficult part for me was getting my arm up inside the back part of the fender to get all those nuts started and tightened. And also getting up in the fender with a tool to tighten the hose clamps. BUT I made the whole job harder on myself doing the install with the truck on the ground and most of the fender liner still attached. If you jack the front end up or put it on a lift, and take the wheel/tire off, those steps of the install will be MUCH easier.

Before the snorkel my IAT's were typically ambient +15 to 20 degrees or more depending on how fast I was moving, or not moving at all. Now they're ambient +3 degrees if I'm moving any faster than 35-40 mph, and ambient +15 or so at a dead stop. Pretty significant improvement there.
'06 V8 4R Sport, FOX 2.5 RR/DSC Coilovers, FOX 2.0 RR/CD shocks, Wheeler's & Timbren Bumps, ROKMEN lower links, LR UCA's, Warn VR8000, 7069's, Hanma LEDEEZ, DO Front Bumper, BAMF LCA Skidz, RCI Skidz, WMW Full Size 4x8 Roof Rack, WhiteKnuckle Sliders, etc. etc.
EdmundGTP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote