Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 03:44 PM

Cymon is just really nice Cymon is just really nice Cymon is just really nice Cymon is just really nice

Cymon is just really nice Cymon is just really nice Cymon is just really nice Cymon is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robogadget View Post
Hello fellow 4Runner owners,

This is my first post in a long while. I have tried TRD's website (useless), and various web pages, but haven't had a lot of luck getting good advice for what I'm looking for. We have had a 2015 SR5 since new, and it is not a surprise that the ride is unstable and too soft on the road. I was going to sell it, but realized that if I could tame the ride it would be a lot cheaper than buying something else...

Then I remembered that owners groups could be much better than salesmen at the dealer or parts store...
I have 40K miles on it and I want to firm up the ride, and maybe reduce body roll. I DO NOT want to lift it (garage clearance), and I don't plan to off road it much, but was hoping some of you all can suggest a cost-effective solution.

Anyone in a similar situation?????
Not a similar situation, but I have a 2015 SR5 with almost 95k on the stock suspension. The best bet for what you are asking for is to get a set of Bilstein 5100's and leave them at the "0" height setting. You could even set the front clip to the 1st notch and get .85" of lift...if you wanted to level it a little bit but not "lift it" to the point of not fitting in the garage. It should provide what you are looking for...or at least the closest the 4runner can get. If it works for you then you just got a "new" vehicle for $450. If not, then you are only out $450 and you can honestly say you tried. Only problem is they seem to be hard to acquire at this time.

FJ4RBILK10 Bilstein Height adjustable front and matching 5100 Rear shocks (10+ 4Runner & FJ Cruiser)

For a little more $ you could also go with Dobinsons for their struts, and either keep the springs you have or go to their 0" height springs, which just are a little stiffer then stock. That would also stiffen it up a little.

Front Strut GS59-700
Rear Shock GS59-705 (Since you don't have extra rear-end weight)
Front Springs C59-238 (will raise front 1", which is the same as TRD Pro and shouldn't affect getting into a garage)
Rear Springs C59-233 (Stock Height)

Dobinsons 5th Gen T4R Suspension options - lots of choices
2015 SR5 Premium 4wd Magnetic Grey w/3rd row: Frontrunner Slimline II 3/4 Rack - Yakima Skybox 16 - Weathertech - 22" Behind Grill Light Bar - TRD Skid w/Full Aluminum RCI Skids - RCI Sliders - Falken AT3 265 SL - Lamin-X - Taxa Cricket
"If I Can Do it You Can" Light Bar Install
ARB Breather Mod
Cymon's Weekend Warrior/MFD Thread
Cymon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote