Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 10:07 PM

shadow247 is just really nice shadow247 is just really nice shadow247 is just really nice shadow247 is just really nice shadow247 is just really nice

shadow247 is just really nice shadow247 is just really nice shadow247 is just really nice shadow247 is just really nice shadow247 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattyduck View Post
All good stuff. OEM, KYB or Bilstein 4600 are all good options for a stock height and stock-like ride. Good for comfort and will get you where you need to go.

I'd be a bit surprised if you have a 15" wheel 2001 4WD - I don't think they were doing 15" wheel 4WDs by then... If your speedo reads slightly higher than your actual speed (say shows 70 when you are going 68mph by GPS), then you have the correct size wheels/tires on there. The door sticker will likely still say 15" wheels/tires - ignore that...

-Charlie
I would say you are right. All 01/02 were 16" wheel/V6 package in US Market.

As far as springs/shocks go. You can run 5th Gen TRD Pro Springs for the rear, get some Front Springs for a 1999 with 16" wheels, and some KYB Monomax for shocks. That would be right about 450 bucks and put you about 1" over your stock 01 height, but still well within factory specs. The 5th Gen springs are also thicker for the rear, so they will hold up better with weight and not sag. Many members have reported their Moog or Ac Delco rear springs have sagged within a year.

I picked up my 5th gen springs for 60 bucks on Facebook 4Runner group for my area. If you need a set, I can probably find a half dozen in my local area and put you in touch with someone who could ship them to you.

KYB Monomax can be had from Shock Surplus for 265 for the entire set of 4 -https://www.shocksurplus.com/products/kyb-monomax-monotube-gas-strut-shocks-set-1996-2002-toyota-4runner-1

You can go with Moog, Ac Delco, or a Swedish company called Lesjofor for around 65 bucks plus shipping from Rock Auto. Personally I would go with the Swedish made springs - Ac Delco and Moog both make their springs in China - More Information for LESJÖFORS 4192522

The 4Runner Show
shadow247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote